How to keep your bed linen White. Posted on 30 Sep 12:47 , 0 comments
How to keep your bed linen White :
- Always wash white bed linen separately from colored clothes. Also never wash bed linen (bed sheets duvet covers etc) with towels as it may cause pillage.
- Avoid washing your bed linen at high temperatures as it can reduce the durability and lifespan. You should never wash at temperatures higher than 40 deg -60 deg . You should try washing your linen in cold water if they are not heavily soiled as it will help in increasing the life of your bed linen.
- Use only mild detergents. You can occasionally use a combination of baking soda and white vinegar as a substitute of bleach and fabric softener to get the whiteness and softness. Add half a cup of baking soda with your detergent at the beginning of the wash cycle. Then, at the start of the rinse cycle, pour in half a cup of white vinegar.
- Never use bleach. Bleach also eats away at the fibers in your linens and can cause a gradual yellowing of your whites.
- Avoid fabric softeners. They will decrease the absorbency of your linens especially towels.
- Hang your linen in sun. Sunlight is the best natural bleaching agent. For an extra whitening boost, hang your linens to dry in the sun. Make sure to bring in the linen as soon as it gets dry. If you are drying in tumbler then warm tumble dry.
- Iron your sheets – To achieve crisp clean and polished look always iron your linen.